Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanks, Doopy!

So, after all that riding all weekend and horsie stuff, even I (!) needed a break. I hadn't harassed him all week, and then this weekend has been beautiful, high 60s and I just still didn't feel like riding. I figured I'd get some much needed (MUCH) needed housework done, and harass the Doop during the week. He doesn't know he now has only one week left before move back to boarding barn.

Saturday morning, just as I'm deciding to forgo the equine adventures this weekend, I get a call. From the property owner. Crap. Is he sick? Is he missing?

Nope. He busted out. The other two horses went on a trail ride and my special guy didn't want to be alone. Their barn has a run-in (like a jumbo stall) and so he was locked in there and stamping around in a tizzy while they went out.

I go there, and surprise my silly guy. He's pretty calm. I take him out to my car and begin grooming. He presents me with the following:







Who DOESN'T love burrs? So now he has a fro-lock and the mane looks okay. I added liberal show-sheen to prevent futher snags, but good luck to me. I sat on him for a bit and his friends came back. I then asked where the break in the fence was so I could go fix it.

There was no break. He was following them to the end of the pasture, and they hadn't turned the electricity back on. He touched it with his nose a couple times, and convinced it was off in the area where there's only one wire, ducked his head and snuck under it!

I gotta admit I'm looking forward to the boarding facility. We NEED to work on harder things than just "please don't flip out today, please be sane, and I don't care about your friends." I mean more technical, not harder!

He's making me an arena baby too!

2 comments:

Callie said...

Cooking spray and corn oil. Makes for quick work on burr removal! LOL

amarygma said...

I had to use some MTG on his moment of rain rot and he smelled like bacon! Add PAM and he'll smell like breakfast pony!